Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I sorta support local music.

Most of the public in Malaysia immediately changes the channel especially radio channel once they hear that they are playing local music but occasionally I'll just listen to see what kind of music is famous in the local scene at the moment. I have some favourites and I'll share it to you guys here, take it as an introduction to what music does Malaysians usually make. It's a mix of old and new music.

My utmost favourite currently is called Stay by Estrella. I have been looking for this song for a long time ever since I saw a glimpse of it on TV and I was ecstatic when I found it on Youtube. XD



Then we have our very famous Mizz Nina who collaborated with famous singers such as Colby O'Donis and Florida.


Siti Nurhaliza's music before she got married to that rich man was really good too. She was so famous before her marriage to the point that she even performed in the Royal Albert Hall. It's a huge achievement especially for a Malaysian artist to be able to perform there, it shows that there are people from other countries who listen to our music.




Here's prove that she performed in the Royal Albert Hall,London.



Then we have Zee Avi! Jack Johnson took her in and she's gone international too.





Then we have Bunkface!





Kyoto Protocol is new to me and they certainly impressed me!





Then we have Pop Shuvit!




Point Blanc has some really impactful stuff,to the point that we used some of his song lyrics in our daily conversations,haha!
A song for Ipoh. IPOH MALI!XD


He was featured in Poetic Ammo's video too!



Well this is what I can list out for now but I hope that more people are aware that Malaysians do make good music too! Especially the current generation who's obsess with Justin Bieber and One Direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping a comment! :)