Sunday, May 20, 2012

I miss Capoeira

I really do miss it! It's been so long since the classes has stopped in my university because Malcolm, my friend and our teacher has flew back to his hometown in Sarawak. It is also because there's not enough active members to keep the club active and I think I'm the only one who goes for the classes often since Nigel already started working so he can't come too. A few people would only come for 1 or 2 classes then they just don't want to come anymore which is pretty sad. I almost wanted to stop too because I was scolding myself for not being able to do a move, I was stressed from assignments and some of my friends didn't like it that I put more priority in capoeira than my assignments.

There's a small part of me that tells me that, why do you care about what other people think and aren't you the one who wanted to learn a new skill to prove to everyone that you can actually do something and work out at the same time? All these years ever since I was young, my family and friends always say that I can't do anything, I can't do sports and I can't dance and I am not good enough like my little sisters who can run just like my mum. These are the things that destroyed my self-esteem and many of you ask why I look so depressed all the time when I was younger. Ever since that trip to Turkey last year, I gained and learned so much and it has made me a stronger person. So many people had doubts of my trip to Turkey but I proved them wrong! I can do things and I am becoming a better person if I learn to love myself more and ignore what everyone else think of me. Also because I read the book called 'The Secret' and 'The Power' where the main points of the books are always saying think positive and positive things will come to you and give love and love will come back to you. Just like karma.

I love capoeira ever since I started learning it. The music, culture and how everyone treats each other as a family. I even got my first corda from Bantus Capoeira Academy last year on my birthday and that was one of the highlights of my life!

It was held in Lot 10 at the entrance near Isetan. Actually even if you can't find the place, just follow the music and you will be able to find it. :-)

I was watching the people with more experience play with each other. My hair was so long that time, it was almost reaching my butt. Somehow, the pants are really loose and long so what you're going to see next is how rusty I was after not practicing capoeira for so long last year.



My graduation ceremony where one of the instructors will play with me and obviously take me down and since it was my first belt, it was to welcome me into the Bantus family. They called my name first too when I was praying in my head to not be the first one so I was so nervous and I didn't have time to do my warm-ups too.


Professor Rafael made me play with the other students who graduated and I was the first person again. Too bad I had to leave early after I got my cord/belt because my family wants to go shopping but that day I received one of the best birthday present that I have ever had. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping a comment! :)