Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Roxy's Dare Yourself Day 1: Meet & Greet

So I jumped in on the bandwagon and joined the Roxy Dare Yourself competition. They had a roadshow in uni and I bumped into some friends so I just joined it again for fun cause I want to try out Inglot's make-up done with Inglot's make-up artist. 

Picture credits to Roxy Malaysia.

The bike is so cute! I want one so that I can actually learn how to ride a bicycle.

The picture before and this picture were my entry pictures for the competition. Voting has already closed but the results will be out on the Roxy website on 2 May. :)


Like last year, there was a Meet & Greet with the rest of the Top 15 girls! This time we have some girls who traveled from Sabah and Penang to be there. Some of the girls were from Taylor's University too! So exciting to meet all of them from different walks of life. :)

Pictures credit to Yasyka! By the way, support her as she's joining the Malaysia International DJ Championship 2013 in Kota Kinabalu! This girl is super talented, can DJ, can surf skate, can surf and maybe more and still look cute! 

Me, Yasyka and Natasha were the only ones from last year who managed to get into the Top 15 this year again! It was awesome to see them again!

We were given a visor, t-shirt and board shorts with some tags and car stickers in our goodie bags. I got the purple tee, WOOHOO! Too bad it is a size bigger on me and the shorts too so I shall go for the baggy look.

Aamelia's my senior from Taylor's University, Geena's super tall as you can see and she's from Sunway University, then we all met Kasumi who's Roxy's Ambassador for Malaysia and she's only 15! She's really sweet and she's a surfer.

We had lunch at Boardriders Cafe which just opened recently in Mid Valley Megamall! The sandwiches are delicious!

Picture credits to Amber Chia. Right after lunching in Boardriders Cafe and a visit to Inglot and some video interviews, we head off to Amber Chia's Academy in Jaya One. So lucky to be taught by catwalk guru, Benjamin Tiong to catwalk like a proper model and Amber Chia on posing for the camera. Her adorable son, Ashton was there too!

Well at the end of the lessons, we were exhausted already. My legs were sore from wearing heels for too long too so my love for flip-flops or any shoes with low heels will never change. But it was an amazing experience and an honour to be taught by professionals in their forte. :)

A little sneak peek for Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping a comment! :)