Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Look at the Three Little Birds!

Ok there was no birds but everyone has either heard about or has been to Three Little Birds Coffee. Whether it's their second outpost in Desa Park City or their first with Artisan Roastery right beside it and, can I say it's one of the nicest cafe I have ever been to? I finally had an opportunity to visit the cafe after a random message from an old friend, Jeradyne who wants to scout the cafe as well so Samantha joined along too as we drive all the way to Sentul.

It was dark and cloudy when we arrived so we seek refuge under the shade. Better to be shaded since it's always the monsoon season at the end of the year or else we would have been able to chill at the Aviary. It was a weekday so it was not crowded and it was actually peaceful. A great place and time to catch up. :)

First things first, we were starving after the long drive so we ordered a few different dishes to share among ourselves. We went for the lunch set promo which let us pick between coffee or tea.

My Red Tea, which I think is Rooibos tea and I love it! It was refreshing even on a hot/ rainy day. Rooibos tea is like Teh Tarik without the condensed milk. The rest was not a fan of it because of the strong scent.

We didn't expect the food to arrive in this fashion. For the Chicken pasta (Top left), I think it would be easier for people to eat if they just arrange it onto a plate. But other than that, that dish was a bit cold, the chicken and sweet potato fries was a bit soggy too. It would have tasted better if it was served hot and fresh but taste wise, the sauce was alright,I'm guessing that they sourced their dishes from suppliers because the availability for certain dishes are varied at different timings.
The Lasagna (Top right) is pretty good but the portion is a little small. It has a generous amount of minced beef and pasta sheets to fill up one stomach.
We got the Chicken sandwich too which I think is from Tommy Le Baker. Wish there was more filling and the bread to be a little softer.

The girls like their flat white because they can actually taste and feel the coffee kick that is not too empowering.

If my memory serves me right, this is called Chocolate cherry cake? One of their bestsellers and may I add, one of the yummiest chocolate cakes I have ever had? Moist, chocolaty with little tinge of bittersweetness from the cocoa or espresso powder, I presume and not overwhelmingly sweet. 

Hojo Darjeeling Tea Chiffon Cake. I. LOVE. THIS! It's so soft and fluffy. The subtle taste of the tea with light frosting, is what makes this simple cake so good! It's the perfect cake for people who loves tea or wants a cake that's just touching the borderline of sweet. I would call it a healthy cake! :P

KL rates:
Food- 7/10
Price- Typical cafe pricing
Service- 6/10 
Variety- 7/10


So from here on, the shots will be from Jeradyne! Where you can see, how photographer actually takes nice pictures and see how my not so pro pictures fare with hers. :)



Pretending that she's not taking a picture. 



The last two shots are from me again. :P
Jeradyne in her element! Do check out more of her awesome works here! :D

BTS shot of Sam and her OOTD shoot.

I'm glad we did this! It was a good catch up and we didn't really know Jeradyne back in high school and turns out we have some things in common. Thanks Jeradyne for initiating this scouting outing!

Random outings FTW! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping a comment! :)