Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A night with Chvrches

It's not a spelling error, trust me. Thanks to Samantha and her competition winning streak, I was lucky she brought me along to catch Chvrches, an up and coming Scottish electronic band when they were headlining the first Urbanscapes Satellite show on 19 November this year.

Lauren Mayberry, Martin Doherty and Iain Cook released their first studio album, The Bones of What You Believe in September 2013. Ever since then, they have been touring extensively all over the world and Malaysia's one of their last stops before they take a break to concentrate on their second album. 

Plus, the band received nominations in World Music Award for World's Best Album and in NME Award for Best New Band this year, so they're one to look out for! Especially if you're into electronic  and synthpop music. 

Lauren sounds just like the songs in the album, no lip-syncing and she reminds me of a pixie or a fairy because she's so pretty and petite! :)

The gig ended pretty early even when they came out for an encore performance! Ended the night with their famous hit ' The Mother We Share'! 

One of our highlights of the night was Define Tastemaker's photobooth too! I think every concert should have a photobooth there so that we get to keep a souvenir to remind us of the awesome nights!

If you don't know where to start, here are some of my favourite tracks from them! Let me know what are your favourites in the comments and recommend me some similar music. I'm a little behind with the music scene these days because I rather listen to old school rock from 90's and etc.





This is one of the OST for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping a comment! :)