Wednesday, January 15, 2014

2013 Favourites: Makeup

Hello, I'm back after a long hiatus because of my South Korea adventure which I will blog about soon and the Game of Thrones book series, which I currently am halfway through the 4th book, A Feast for Crows and the beau bought GTA V too, you get the picture. The idea for this post just came to me out of the blue while I was looking through pictures in my phone. Mostly are pictures of food because I am a foodie and the beau and I are always trying new eateries around KL and Selangor. Or in other words, fatties in the making.

However, I'm not just going to focus on food but other stuff as well like beauty products and etc. This post is about my favourite makeup products for 2013!


Make-up


- Favourite and Best BB Cream: Precious Mineral BB Cream Bright Fit, Etude House. I wear the shade W13.


= Coverage wise is great as it does its job as a BB cream. It's easy to blend with your fingers as well and it comes in many shades so I'm sure you can find a shade that is suitable for your skin. Most importantly, it doesn't break me out!

= I have sensitive skin so it's very hard to find BB creams that will not make my skin break out or have any signs of irritation. This was the first BB cream I tried years ago and it's still my favourite till today. I tried some BB creams from Skinfood, The Face Shop, Skin 79 and Elisha Coy, all of that didn't went well for my skin. As for CC creams, I tried Etude House's CC Cream and I found that CC Creams are not to my liking. I still prefer the slightly thicker coverage of BB Creams. I'm looking for new BB creams to try out so if you guys have any suggestions on one that is suitable for sensitive skin then let me know. :)


- Favourite Foundation: Chanel Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Makeup SPF 15. I wear shade number 10- Nude.
= Claimed to give semi-matte and luminous skin and it does! I use this with a foundation brush because with fingers it is a little hard to blend it on my skin. I only use this foundation when I'm heading for special occasions like wedding dinners and etc because it has thick coverage. This bottle lasted me for a few years and it's not even halfway used.



- Favourite and Best Loose Powder: Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre, Natural Finish Loose Powder. I wear shade number 20 Clair- Translucent 1.
= I set my BB cream and foundation with this and my make-up can last for the entire day! I like how it has colour so it does amp up a bit on the coverage. I use the sponge that comes along and just pat it on my face. This was recommended by the hair stylist who did my mum's hair because he said he has tried all the loose powders in the market and this was the best of them all so he's right!



- Favourite Concealer/ Highlighter: Lo'real Lucent Magique Light Touch-Up Pen. I wear the Light shade.
= I usually put some of this under my eyes to brighten up my dark circles a bit, on redness and pimples to cover it a bit. It's not the best concealer on its own because the coverage is very little but it highlights well. I'm still searching for the best concealer for dark circles and redness. Before this I was using Benefit's Erase Paste in Medium and it's really good but I don't like the packaging.



- Favourite Blush: The Face Shop Face it Baked Shimmer Blusher in 02 Coral Aura.
= I love this! It's not too shimmery and after swirling your blush brush with all those colours, it creates a very pretty peachy pink blush. I like it that you can use some of the colours as eyeshadows and highlights as well.



- Favourite Eyeliners: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Cuff and Heavy Rotation Gel Pencil Eyeliner in N21 Brown.


= I would call these eye liners music festival-proof because it doesn't budge even there's sweat or water. For the Stila eyeliner, I like the felt tip cause it is narrow enough that I can draw thin lines and the colour payoff is dark. For the Urban Decay eyeliner, I use it to line the inner corner of my eyes and smudge it cause it really helps to brighten up my eyes.



- Favourite Eyeshadows: Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eyeshadow in 25 Bad to the Bronze & Anna Sui Mousse Eye Shadow in E 01.



= I love how I can wear these 2 shades just on its own. I am still not skilled in creating that outer V on my eyelids so I just wear one shade most of the time. Plus, these two shades can last long without creasing and that's really good cause I have oily eyelids and without primer it still lasts.



- Favourite Eyebrow Pencil: Empro Triangular Brow Pencil in E3 Golden Brown.
= Got this from my mum and it has been my go-to brow pencil ever since then. I like how easy it is to use and it comes with a comb as well.



- Favourite Mascara: ZA Perfect Action Mascara Waterproof in BK 999 and Heavy Rotation Heroine Make: Long and Curl Mascara .
= The ZA mascara lengthens and gives my lashes more volume without too much clumping. It doesn't smudge after a whole day. I bought this cause I hated the Maybelline Rocket mascara that I had cause it smudges and it's not waterproof. So I got lucky I found something good! I used the Heavy Rotation mascara and I love it! It lengthens my lashes really well and it's waterproof and smudge-free too! I didn't buy a new one so I don't have pictures of it but here's a picture I got from Google.



- Favourite Eyelash Curler: Brigitte Eyelash Curler in Pink.
= I admit, I got this eyelash curler because it was pink! Brigitte is a Japanese cosmetic brand which I found in the pharmacy in Jusco, Mid Valley. It had the word 'No. 1' on its packaging so I gave it a go and it's a pretty good curler! I think it could be on par with Shu Eumura's award winning eyelash curler. It's cheaper that's for sure and it's pink! It even comes in another colour like mint green.



- Favourite Lip Pencil: Essence Lipliner in 10 Femme Fatale.


= This is not only cheap (RM10) but it's very creamy and the colour is gorgeous! It was actually an impulse buy because it was so cheap and I was searching for drugstore lip liners to try out. Best buy ever! I wore it on its own and people asked what lipstick I was wearing and I wasn't wearing any lipstick at all. Only downside is it bleeds a bit so you need to make it neater with foundation or concealer.



- Favourite Lipsticks: 3CE Lip Colour in 306 XOXO and Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in 025 Peach Parfait.


= 3CE from Stylenanda was all the rage at one point last year so I managed to get my hands on a few stuff from them and one of it is this lipstick. It was my first red lipstick and it started my love for red lipsticks! As for the Revlon Lip Butter, I just love the colour and how it doesn't make my lips dry. Also because Emma Stone was wearing it. I saw her wearing a fuschia lip gloss so I am so getting that next!



- Favourite Lipbalms: Maybelline Baby Lips SPF 20 Lip Balm and Baby Lips Colour in Coral Flush.
= It started with the lip balm and I was hooked! Then I tried the tinted ones and I got hooked on to that as well! These balms really moisturized my lips and it doesn't make my lips flaky like some other lip balms. The smell is great too!

So that's the end of my beauty favourites from 2013! Phew, that's was a tough decision. I can't wait to see what we're gonna get this year in the beauty market in Malaysia. I am upset that Rimmel is no longer available in the drugstores here! I was looking forward to try Rimmel's Kate Moss lipsticks and the Apocalips collection. Please bring Rimmel back to Malaysia!!!

I made steamed potatoes and poached egg on toast today for brunch! The poached egg was a disaster, I thought I was suppose to swirl the water and pour the egg in but the swirling made the egg whites segregate into little white lumps instead of sticking to the yolk. I'm going to try to make poached egg again tomorrow! I MUST MASTER THE ART OF POACHED EGGS!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping a comment! :)