Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Eat the Meringue in Sitka Restaurant

You have to try the Meringue cake from Sitka Restaurant. Jalan Batai is getting more attention lately thanks to the newly opened Ben's Grocer but today it'll be about Sitka Restaurant, one of the shops along the Yellow Brick Road Cafe. Heard good things about it from some friends and finally had a chance to try it out with the beau for lunch after my recent job interview (Which is now my permanent job!).

Sitka Restaurant
Source: Sitka Restaurant
Sitka Restaurant
Source: Sitka Restaurant
It has a cozy interior with its industrial-inspired architecture which is cliche because almost all cafes are going for this look. But when it's crowded, most of its coziness is gone with the noise.

sitka restaurant
Have some Mocha (RM11) and some house-made Mango cooler drink (RM10) to quench your thirst.

sitka restaurant
Lunch is served!

buttermilk fried chicken sitka restaurant
I ordered the buttermilk Fried Chicken (RM23) which comes 2 pieces of chicken topped with honey and thyme with a piece of waffle and half a cob of roasted corn. It smelled so good and the skin is the best because it's crispy and I love my skins to be that way! 
However, when I cut into the chicken, it was still a little raw inside so naturally you will call the waiter to get it cooked again right? I did and the waiter said oh it's cooked already because the chicken has been soaked in a brine, he gave me a face of frustration and said if you want the chef to cook it again it will take 15 minutes and the chicken will be dry.
Because I'm nice and I felt his urge to leave since it was a busy lunch hour, I just let it go. But recently someone told me that their chicken was not raw inside when they had the Buttermilk Chicken. Oh well, at least I didn't get any tummy ache from eating slightly raw chicken.
It was juicy inside but my brain keeps replaying Gordon Ramsay's 'This is raw!' throw into the bin scenario as I was eating. The corn was cooked well and so is the waffle but for the price I am paying, I expect them to be more generous with those elements.

sitka restaurant
The beau had the Duck Confit sandwich which had teared up pieces of duck confit, roasted oranges, parsnip and herbs scattered on a toasted bread. The combination of the duck and orange is a winning combo as usual! Just the portion is not enough for a big eater that's for sure. 

meringue cake sitka restaurant
This Meringue (RM15) cake was one of the best cakes I've had in a long time! Described as Valrhona Chocolate mousse cake with raspberries, every bite was decadent! Its chocolaty and not too sweet too thanks to the tartness of the berries. Slight crispiness from the meringue layers just adds more fun to the party in my mouth! I will come back for this cake!!!


KL rates:
Food- 8/10 (Only because of the buttermilk chicken and meringue)
Price- Steep, about RM18 above
Service- 5/10
Variety- 5/10


Address:
No. 8-5, Jalan Batai
Kuala Lumpur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping a comment! :)