Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Delayed Makeup Haul + Swatches

It was my first time attending the Estee Lauder warehouse sale and that sale was pure evil! To my purse and my bank account. So dangerous for us beauty product fans but you know how much we love the danger when it comes to beauty products!

makeup haul
My loot! A good mix of Bobbi Brown, MAC and Clinique items with a DKNY deodorant because everybody needs deodorant. Would you believe that I don't own any makeup items from these brands until this warehouse sale? The inner budget beauty in me is strong until that day. Let's start with the Bobbi Brown products...

bobbi brown translucent powder
This Bobbi Brown Translucent Powder is the travel size version and it was the last one there so a pat on my back for my sharp eye. Getting the smaller or travel size version of a product is a great way to test out the product before you go for the full-size version. So far after testing this out for a few times, I feel that my T-zone does stay matte but it didn't stay that way after 4 hours so maybe it's cause I didn't use a primer before my BB cream. But will be testing it more to really determine my feeling about it.

bobbi brown corrector
These Colour Correctors in Light Peach and Light Bisque are also travel sized. Bought these for my little sister since she wanted to try the concealers and she felt that it doesn't cover pimples well but I think these are more for dark circles concealing.

bobbi brown

bobbi brown pot rouge hibiscus
The Pot Rouge for Lips And Cheek in Hibiscus is one pretty reddish pink shade that I'm glad I took a gamble with!

bobbi brown hibiscus swatch
So pretty when you want natural flushed cheeks look!

bobbi brown cream eyeshadow sticks
Snagged the Mini Long-Wear Cream Shadow Trio too since I was on a cream shadow craze. Mini versions are so easy to fit into into my makeup bag without taking up too much space.

bobbi brown cream eyeshadow sticks swatches
From the top, Smoky Topaz is a lovely goldish taupe which will look awesome just on its own, Pink Sparkle is a light pink with slight gold shimmer and it will make a nice addition to your Korean eye makeup and Espresso Bean is a dark brown with micro glitters in it that will look awesome for a smokey eye. All colours are pigmented, waterproof and long-wearing! But the most long-lasting is the Espresso Bean. Let's head to my MAC loot...

mac lip gloss
These caught my eye immediately so I grabbed it before anyone can take it like a kiasu person. The green lipgloss is so pretty that I had to have it!

mac lip gloss swatches
Looks scary in the tube but it actually comes out super sheer with different coloured micro glitters on them. The Cremesheen Glass has a better pigmentation than the rest and is not so sticky too.

mac prabal gurung eyeshadow
OKAY I have a thing for gold, sparkly things and when I saw that they were selling the Prabal Gurung collection at a cheaper price, I had to have it. Look at the beautiful packaging and it has a slight weight to it too so you know it's not those cheap plastic packaging.

mac prabal gurung eyeshadow
Open up to 2 of these pretty neutral shades that you can wear on its own or together. There was even a demo happening on how to use this palette amidst the chaos.

mac prabal gurung eyeshadow swatch
So happy to finally own a MAC eyeshadow palette and coming from the Prabal Gurung collab makes it even sweeter!

mac cinderella collection
Another OMG I MUST HAVE IT moment was these travel sized eye products from the Cinderella collection! All limited edition collections always get sold out like in a day of its launch which is why I give up on trying to invest in any of it. But this was like a sign that I can actually own a limited edition collection that is Disney related so I AM VERY HAPPY! Also, I just watch Cinderella today and I can't help relating Game of Thrones to it because of the Prince and his right-hand man.

mac cinderella eye gloss
This is the MAC Studio Eye Gloss in Pearl Varnish which is a white gloss with pearl finish. It is one unique product which I have never heard of until then.

mac cinderella eye gloss swatch
It's sticky and very sparkly that's for sure! I think I would use this on top of my eyeshadows to add some glitter.

mac cinderella fluidline
This is the Fluidline in Macroviolet, a deep smoked violet with red pearl. It looks gorgeous and I can't wait to use it one day! 

mac cinderella fluidline
Another Fluidline called Little Black Bow, a grey with white pearl. Another pretty colour that I don't have in my collection and one that I can't wait to wear. Now onto the Clinique products...

clinique mascara
Grab 2 different mascaras to test out and will post the swatches soon! It's not waterproof though so that's a downer.

clinique eyeshadow french vanilla
I got the All About Shadow Single in French Vanilla to try out since I have never tried their eyeshadows before.

clinique eyeshadow french vanilla swatch
It's said to have a Soft Matte finish but I had trouble getting some colour out to swatch and there was some fallout and a bit of glitter too. But maybe it will do better on top of an eye primer. Shall try that next time.

clinique chubby stick shadow tint for eyes
Grabbed a pack of the Chubby Stick™ Shadow Tint For Eyes too and in the shade 15-Biggest Blossom and 06-Mighty Moss.

clinique chubby stick shadow tint for eyes swatch
I love these two colours! The pink seems to have a slight gold shimmer to it and so does the green.

ermenegildo zegna travel bag
There was so many of these Ermenegildo Zegna travel bags on sale so I grabbed one too because it's cheap, the size is just right for those short travels and the material is pretty good too!

dkny deodorant
This was a random purchase but hey, a girl needs her deodorant!

I was really bummed out that all the MAC lipsticks were sold out by the time I arrived which was at about 11am. Madness right? My total damage was RM800 after filtering the amount of items that I wanted to get which was really difficult! So painful for my bank account but it's worth it because these are my first makeup purchases from those brands! But I can't say I am excited for the next sale because it was really packed to the brim and the ladies were just fighting and pushing like cray and most of the good stuff were sold out really fast like the Origins masks, MAC lipsticks and Estee Lauder makeup. So I guess I have to be extra kiasu and wake up early to wait for the sale to open in order to get the good stuff in the future. Which I don't think I will be keen to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping a comment! :)