Thursday, January 22, 2015

A late birthday roundup (Three restaurants)

Here's my birthday roundup last year because we're already in 2015. I didn't make any resolutions last year and usually people would be reflecting on their 2014 and what not but I'm going against the current.

I did an early celebration together with the familia to celebrate my dad's birthday and mine. The beau treated the family to a Japanese A la carte Buffet at Mitasu Japanese Restaurant, Central Plaza. He's officially a senior citizen so he can take advantage of the privileges like how he was able to get the Senior Citizen rate for his meal! :P

Mi familia! :)

KL rates:
Food- 7/10
Price- About RM56 per person for Lunch
Service- 5/10 
Variety- 7/10

Wrong move for us for taking the lunch buffet because I think they were being stingy with certain items on the menu, especially the Butter Fish sashimi. The few times we ordered about 12 pieces, they only brought 6 pieces out. I think dinner would be a better option.

For more information, check out their Facebook.

Address:
B-01 , Central Plaza , No.34, 
Jalan Sultan Ismail , 50250 Kuala Lumpur.

Operating Hours:
Mon - Fri:
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Public Holidays & Weekends:
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm & 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm



Then, on my birthday, the beau and I had dinner at The Red Herring for some simple homey French food with a local touch, as the chef is Malaysian.


Casual OOTD wearing Dimia Top from Doublewoot, Red Shoulder Bag from Zara, Paisley shorts from G2 and Gold sandals from Ipanema.


We ordered the Salmon Pate (RM15.90) as a starter. The warm bread was crisp on the outside and soft inside which tastes delish with the cool pate, filled with generous amount of salmon flesh with little seasoning to let the salmon flavour be the star.

My favourite dish was the Pork Chops (RM32.90) and we think it's the best dish as well! Marinated in wine and garlic, the chops were flavourful and seared to perfection because it was still juicy on the inside! I'll come back for this for sure!

The beau had the Bouef Bourguignon (RM48.90) which is beef chunks braised in red wine served with a side of mash potatoes. This was a bit bland and the beef was not as tender as it's suppose to.

There was only one dessert on the menu which is the Tarte Tartin (RM12), a traditional apple tart. It was too tarty for me and the crust was lumpy because of the apple juices.

We suggest to have it with ice-cream to balance out the tartness, which you can add on for about RM3 if I'm not mistaken. It was way nicer and easier to eat with ice-cream.

KL rates:
Food- 8/10
Price- Average, about RM15 above
Service- 7/10 
Variety- 6/10

For more information, check out their Facebook or drop them an email at theredherringkl@gmail.com .


Address:
M-1-16 Plaza Damas, Jalan Sri Hartamas 1
Kuala Lumpur.

Operating Hours:
Mon - Thu:
5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Fri:
11:30 am - 3:00 pm
5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sat:
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sun:
11:00 am - 3:00 pm


Lastly, the girls planned a surprise brunch at Acme Bar and Coffee and that time the restaurant was decked in pretty Christmas decor with a festive menu to boot!

I can't help it, I love chai latte. Topped with loads of cream, it's even better!

I had the Baked Eggs which was ok, I just wish the portion is bigger and there'll be more veges underneath the eggs.

The beau had some seafood fettucini which had some curry flavour but it was a little bland too.

Spoiled Rainbow fruit cake anyone? The cake smelled and tasted weird and I know we should have complained but we were too disappointed to care. I guess the cake spoiled as it was not kept in a fridge.

I guess we're not going back there anymore for meals because it's just not worth it. Environment-wise, it is great but if only the food quality is on par.

Anyway, I'm grateful to have this bunch of crazies as my best friends who knows that I have a blackhole for a stomach.

♥♥♥

KL rates:
Food- 4/10
Price- About RM18 above for meals
Service- 5/10 
Variety- 7/10

More info on their website or drop them an email at mailbox@acmebarcoffee.com .

Address:
Ground Floor at The Troika, 
Persiaran KLCC, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.

Operating Hours:
Mon - Thu:
11:00 am - 12:00 am
Fri:
11:00 am - 1:00 am
Sat:
9:30 am - 1:00 am
Sun:
9:30 am - 12:00 am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping a comment! :)